Connecticut High School Coaches Association's annual $1000.00 scholar/athlete scholarships.
To be awarded each May at the Connecticut High School Coaches Association Coach of the Year banquet at the Aqua Turf Club in Southington.
ELIGIBILITY: Any male or female athlete from a Connecticut high school that is presented by his or her high school principal and
a. earned at least one varsity athletic letter.
b. have achieved a minimum of 3.0 academic average.
c. have demonstrated exemplary citizenship and leadership.
HOW MANY: The number of $1,000.00 scholarships given each year will be dictated by the number of sponsors acquired within each year before December 1 of any given school year. There will be at least three boys and three girls selected each year.
- Each high school in Connecticut may nominate its highest ranking male and female scholar athlete.
- The Connecticut High School Coaches Association scholarship committee will screen all applications during January and February each year bringing the best 40 applications to the final selection committee.
- A committee of non-coaching professionals from throughout Connecticut, who are not members of the Connecticut High School Coaches Association will determine the scholarship recipients.
1. Second Monday in October all nominating forms will be sent to principals.
2. All applications must be returned by the third Monday in January.
3. First week in April, the principals of the schools where the winners attend will be notified.
4. Second week in April the winner and parents will be officially notified.
5. Third week in April press releases will be sent out
6. Official ceremony will take place at the "Outstanding Coaches Dinner” held at the Aqua Turf Club in May.