Connecticut First Annual High School Football Clinic and Festivities
Football in the state of Connecticut has been growing by leaps and bounds over the past five plus years and the Connecticut High School Coaches Association and its Football Committee will start a “first” this coming June for all leagues and divisions. We are setting aside June 27, 28 and 29 to kickoff this informational festive affair. Led by coaches like Steve Filippone of Hand High School, Lou Marinelli of New Canaan High School, Harry Bellucci of Hartford Public, Jim Buonocore of Ledyard, John Capodice of Berlin, Tom Dyer of HIllhouse, Anthony Sagnella of North Haven High School, Sal Morello of Middletown, Marsh Petroccio of Staples High School and many more, we hope to forge a three-day event into a four-day event next year with a golf outing.
The CHSCA is going full speed ahead to kick off this first year’s activities by:
1. We have decided not to make this clinic at Wesleyan University a money maker by allowing head coaches with staffs of more than sixcoaches for $200.
2. A most important coaches meeting with everyone’s input.
3. On Thursday a coaches social sponsored by NFP.
4. We ask for your input by getting youth coaches in your town to attend the clinic. Frank Stamilio and John Capodice are running this great youth clinic on June 29 at Rentschler Field.
5. We finish off the week on Saturday, June 29 with the senior High School Football All-Star Military Bowl game. One of the games beneficiaries will be the “Wounded Warrior Project”
We hope to kick off this first three-day event with record numbers. There should be no excuse not to register your entire staff at this inexpensive cost. We need your support, help and input so Connecticut can once again lead the country with another first of a kind event led by Steve Filippone, Lou Marinelli and Frank Stamilio.
If you have any questions or wish to volunteer, please contact John Fontana at 860-628-4122 or Steve Filippone at 203-530-5634. We need you to register your entire staff and help with your town youth leagues. Please spread the word to everyone. Duplicate the registration form and information as needed.